IBM Future Opportunity - Visual Designer
Become a part of the IBM Cloud Design team â?? a well-established user interface design team designing integrated cloud services for IBM's premier cloud platform, Bluemix, as well as other Fortune 500, on-premise, and enterprise software offerings. We are currently interviewing for future opportunities, and we invite you to apply and be first in line to be considered for the upcoming Visual Designer position.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Visual Designer to join our team in Markham, Ontario. The successful candidate will be a hands on expert in visual design, capable of working with User Experience designers, Design Researchers and Developers to ensure the visual look-and-feel enhances the overall user experience of our products. Designers in this role will create irresistible user interfaces for strategic product and service offerings within our portfolio. He or she will work with and enhance our brand design language to produce iconic user experiences. Our designed outcomes will be used across the world by hundreds of thousands to build, deploy, and manage apps for use by millions of IBM clients. The visual designer will use their experience in designing visual communication, layout, typography, color, etc. to elicit emotional connections and intuitive, intelligent responses from our audience. Pixel perfect precision and demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design software are a must.
- Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions from concept to final code
- Provide visual feedback and guidance to other designers as necessary on visual design execution as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Team with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience
- Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users
- Work with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate
- Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs to enable front end development to deliver prototypes to engineering
- Collaborate on user experience planning with the teamâ??s UX lead
- Consult with architects, product leads and key stakeholders
- Participate in user research activities
- Promote a user first approach to the stated problem
- Possess a fundamental awareness of enterprise, technology, developer, and design trends
- Evangelize the importance of design research as part of IBM Design Thinking and educate product teams that are new to design research methods in order to help them integrate real users into their design lifecycle
- Excellent creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Strong strategic skills in assessing business and user scenarios, approaches and deliverables
- Deep understanding of objective visual design decisions
- Knowledge of industry standard design tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory, page layout, and iconography
- Communication skills and an ability to drill down to a customer's requirements Ability to work within a cross-functional team and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines Please provide portfolio of work that demonstrates skills/ability - website link is perfect.
- This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 3+ years of visual design for SaaS enterprise applications
- Demonstrated foundation in industry standard design processes, methods, and tools
- Demonstrated innovative vision supported by a disciplined attention to detail
- Proficient in HTML and CSS
- An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design
- An understanding of interface and user experience design best practices for all screen sizes and devices
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
- Familiarity with design and technology trends
- Formal education and experience in visual, interactive, or UX design
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- 1+ year of experience in Visual Design and Customer Interaction
- At least 2 years of experience with Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and/or other design tools
- Secondary skills in Interaction Design and/or Front-end Development
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.