IBM Digital Commerce Software Developer
IBM Digital Commerce development team is looking for several dedicated and forward thinking developers with passion for growth and innovation to join our development team.
The developers will participate in design and implementation of eCommerce solution for our IBM Digital Commerce SaaS platform. The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn quickly and think outside of the box. The right candidates will join either DevOps or Development Squad teams to develop DevOps tasks, test automation, or commerce features for our SaaS offerings.
The developers will also be involved in conducting technical reviews of design, code, test plan coverage to ensure high quality and complete solution are built, tested and deployed in continuous delivery pipeline from QA to production environment.
You are expected to be a quick learner and strong team player with hands-on development experience. If you are the type of person who loves to work on new and challenging assignments on a regular basis where youâ??ll have the opportunity to learn and apply new technologies for IBM Digital Commerce, we would love to hear from you.
- Design, develop and test DevOps related tasks or Commerce features with operational efficiency
- Create conceptual and detailed technical design documents
- Provide effort estimates and work breakdown schedules for development tasks
- Follow change management processes during implementations
- Collaborate with developers to design and develop new capabilities in micro-engines or DevOps continuous delivery pipeline
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and implement preventative actions for the next maintenance release
- Contribute innovative ideas and technologies for the core eCommerce services, test and/or deployment automation
Position type: 1 year supplemental
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent)
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- Strong development background with ability to write good code in one or more major programming language: A) Candidates joining DevOps and Test team: Java, Python and shell scripts B) Candidates joining Development team: Java, SQL or noSQL database, RESTful web services, AngularJS or jQuery
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Familiarity and experience with one or more of these technologies: Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Docker, Virtualization, Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet etc.).
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and still produce high-quality product
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to design and implement new technologies where little/no documentation exists
- Legal work eligibility
- This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.