IBM Commerce Software Developer
IBM's Software Group is looking for top-flight Software Engineers to create and advance solutions associated with our Industry Solutions portfolio. Opportunities for this position include but are not limited to IBM's On-premise and Cloud based Business-to-Customer (B2C) offering for WebSphere Commerce. IBM seeks to hire a WebSphere Commerce Software Developer, who will be part of a team responsible for ensuring the delivery of a highly performing high quality product that satisfies the needs of our existing and future customers. WebSphere Commerce is a complex middle ware platform that provides seamless integration of channels, processes and systems. Ensuring the quality and maximizing its server and client performance, scalability and reliability is key to its success in the marketplace and is the key focus of this team.
As an IBM Software Engineer, you'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software. You'll be responsible for ensuring that software is expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions. These positions are a tremendous opportunity to grow your skills in a driven and innovative environment where you will learn and apply methods for developing industry-leading enterprise software for IBM's largest customers. When you become an engineer at IBM, you will interact and be mentored by experts in software design and product development.
The candidate will be responsible for working as part of DevOps team with a primary responsibilities:
- Work with development team to plan, deploy, and maintain Commerce in a production cloud environment.
- Work with the team of engineers and release managers executing continuous deployment processes
- Participate in planning and collaborating with Development, DevOps, and QA teams on deployment process/schedules/automation etc
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Chef, and deploying environments using Docker containers
- Design and develop automation workflow, ensure that there is sufficient test coverage make sure that the automation is flawless and comply with overall quality
- You'll be working with tools/technologies such as: Chef, Docker, Linux Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, Git, Gradle Nexus Consul.
- Ability to maintain expertise in the areas of continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Contribute to the DevOps team to maintain and build out our Commerce application with faster deployment
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent)
- Understanding of source control, branching and merge strategies and tools such as Git
- High level scripting skills with Bash/Python/Ruby
- Expert skills in Linux administration
- Ability to interact, develop and communicate at the highest technical levels of organizational decision-making
- Well organized, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with across all levels of the organization
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience with DevOps focus on chef is highly desirable
- Experience executing automated application builds and deployment
- Understanding of Micro engine architecture concepts
- Familiarity with Hystrix, NewRelic, Consul, Kafka, Vault, Gradle
- Nice to have -- experience with Urban Code Deploy
- Experience with Docker highly preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.