Growth Hacking Metrics and Analytics Developer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing January, 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Main Responsibilities for Growth Hacking Metrics and Analytics Coop Developer include:
The IBM DevOps Services growth hacking team is looking for a new team member! The team is responsible for using creativity, analytical thinking and social metrics to improve usability and usage of the DevOps Services site. You will work closely with development, design, product management, and marketing to drive changes into product code based on AB test results, metrics, and user feedback.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Interest in analyzing user behavior through raw numbers and qualitative data
- Working knowledge of HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Python and Node.js.
- Passion for user experience, user interfaces and design
- Experience with databases (Cloudant, MongoDB), data warehousing, and big data analytics (Hadoop, Datameer)
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Excel skills (including pivot tables)
- A/B Testing experience a plus
- Proven language and communication skills
- Statistical analysis and data visualization ability
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.