Future Opportunities for Mainframe Batch Operators
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre. We are currently interviewing for future opportunities, and we invite you to apply and be first in line to be considered for these upcoming positions.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Batch operations describes the services for controlling production batch work including the scheduling of resources, the processing of data and transactions and the monitoring of all jobs for successful completion within the in-scope environment and alerting the customer as required. The customer's instructions on what, when and how to schedule and recover will be provided to IBM and included in the Procedures Manual (i.e. Change Management system and job documentation). IBM will perform and control set-up and scheduling in accordance with the Procedures Manual.
- Must be bilingual French/English
- 7x24 Monitoring of batch processing and 1st level job recovery services.
- Use Problem Management Processes to report batch application delays affecting online availability and escalate as required.
- Resolve batch scheduling (non-application root cause analysis and change management) issues as per documented re-start instructions.
- Monitor Scheduler related incidents and develop and recommend changes to scheduler database
- Update and maintain batch operations process documentation and audit compliance
- Ensuring the daily batch schedule is executed as efficiently as possible
- Provide disaster recovery services for monitoring & problem escalation when required.
- Perform off-shift temporary scheduling changes and program promotions (ad-hoc requests)
- Create Problem Tickets for production abends with relevant information.
- Pro-actively identify potential problem situations and ensure corrective action is taken to minimize outages. And identity areas for improvement
- Attend Audit meetings as required and assist as required
- Attend and participate in required change management Review Meetings
- Execute account checklists when applicable and ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Perform escalation to appropriate work groups
- Service Requests are all received and completed according to the Change Management Process
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Professional communication skills (French and English), knowledge of Batch Scheduling products and Problem & Change Management tools.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Proven batch experience
Legal working status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.