Full Stack Developer
APS (Analytics Platform Services) Experience Development Team is building the next generation of integration experience for Big Data/Analytics customers. We bet on the future of Data Science, and Cognitive Computing, applying those to real-life problems and addressing relevant business challenge. With co-located development team in Toronto lab, we have implemented Lean Startup principle and drive continuous delivery in disciplined Agile way. Our first beta release which you may find the announcement that IBM Data Science Experience platform is making: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregsatell/2016/06/07/ibms-announces-a-universal-platform-for-data-science-3/#73e834993117. We are seeking innovative students looking for a full semester of challenge in an exciting and high paced environment as Full Stack Developer and you will contribute to design, develop and deploy our microservices with the latest and greatest technologies. We have special benefits for you with Technologies and Tools as following:
Tools Utilized: Grunt, ESLint, Sublime Text, Travis CI, GitHub Enterprise, ZenHub.io, Git Bash, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Mural
- Work closely with design team in developing and realizing a vision for integration experience applications
- Collaborate with data scientist and researchers in prototyping efforts.
- Work with technologies such as node.js, React to build web-based user interfaces
- Develop clean code and testing and deliver to Staging/Production environment through continuous Delivery process
Teams are based at strategic IBM Lab locations and presence on site is required 100% of the time.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Attention to detail and ability to develop and implement code in a timely manner
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CSS pre-processors
- Experience with Version Control System
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.