Full Stack Developer - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The job responsibilities for IBM Emerging Technologies Java Developer include:
Working with the Solutions Architect, the employee in this software development role will contribute to the design and development of various analytics and collaborative platforms we are incubating within the group.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Understanding of software engineering
- Knowledge of Java, Less, Jade
- Ability to work comfortable independently as well as in teams
- A self starter as will be required to work independently at times
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of the software development process
- Can work in an agile environment (Continuous delivery of value)
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products expecially BlueMix and the IBM DevOps platform
- Visualization libraries such as D3 and NVD3
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Analytical skills/responsiveness
- Demonstrates Statistical Analytics
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.