Full Stack Developer - Coop (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Full Stack Developer include:
APS (Analytics Platform Services) Experience Development Team is building the next generation of integration experience for Big Data/Analytics customers. We bet on the future of Data Science, and Cognitive Computing, applying those to real-life problems and addressing relevant business challenge. With co-located development team in Toronto lab, we have implemented Lean Startup principle and drive continuous delivery in disciplined Agile way. Our first beta release which you may find the announcement that IBM Data Science Experience platform is making: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregsatell/2016/06/07/ibms-announces-a-universal-platform-for-data-science-3/#73e834993117. We are seeking innovative students looking for a full semester of challenge in an exciting and high paced environment as Full Stack Developer and you will contribute to design, develop and deploy our microservices with the latest and greatest technologies. We have special benefits for you with Technologies and Tools as following:
Tools Utilized: Grunt, ESLint, Sublime Text, Travis CI, GitHub Enterprise, ZenHub.io, Git Bash, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Mural
- Work closely with design team in developing and realizing a vision for integration experience applications
- Collaborate with data scientist and researchers in prototyping efforts.
- Work with technologies such as node.js, React to build web-based user interfaces
- Develop clean code and testing and deliver to Staging/Production environment through continuous Delivery process
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Attention to detail and ability to develop and implement code in a timely manner
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CSS pre-processors
- Experience with Version Control System
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.