Front End Developer
The Watson Customer Engagement Design team is responsible for creating intuitive and compelling user experiences with our software. We want to delight our customers with perfect moments that create unbreakable bonds. Join the Design teamâ??s mission to build revolutionary business and consumer products that change the way people think and work.
The role will tackle numerous projects developing user interfaces, demos, build systems etc ... for various IBM Commerce Software products. Projects over the next year will include working on next generation Watson Customer Engagement products and Enterprise solutions as well as possible shorter term projects (proof of concepts, demos, etc.). The role demands deep experience with current development tools and methods, but also a requirement to investigate and learn new approaches to solving problems. The candidate must be a self-starter, creative in their thinking about development issues, have strong communication and documentation skills and be able to work with a wide variety of people (designers, information developers, developers, product owners, etc.) - both face-to-face and via conference calls.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent)
- Experience with creating rich/sophisticated web interfaces
- Experience with developing apps that support web-accessibility standards
- Knowledge of design methodologies and information architecture
- Presentation skills and an ability to articulate ideas in a persuasive manner
- An understanding of interface & user experience design best practices for web and mobile devices
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Understand modern design thinking and design trends
- Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.