Front End Developer
As part of DevOps for Enterprise Systems group under IBM z Systems, you will join us in our mission and commitment to our enterprise users to continue to evolve our software technology in the delivery of tools and applications. As a Front End Developer, you will be part of a dynamic and growing team (zD&T;) that helps IBM stay as the market leader in the design, development, test and delivery of high quality enterprise software solutions. More specifically;
- Understand requirements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Cooperate with web designers to match pixel perfect design intent.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Create automated test cases
- Maintain and support code
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent)
- Experience with web development tools, technologies and methodologies
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (Sass/Less)
- Knowledge of responsive web design principles (e.g. responsive range break-points, fluid proportion-based grids, content prioritization, designing for touch, media queries, and content modeling)
- Knowledge of accessibility standards for web applications
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of version control and workflow
- Ability to generate and optimize web graphics (gif / jpg / png / svg) plus CSS graphic sprites
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of User Experience best practices; experience with "IBM Design" principles and language is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java
- Designing and implementing responsive application
- SCM with Rational Team Concert
Legal working status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.