Financial Intern - IS, GBS & S&D - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Financial Intern – Infrastructure Services Unit, Global Business Services & Sales / Distribution include:
Key Jobs Roles
- Preparing month end reports, bridges, annual budgets, forecasts and business analytics.
- Ingenuity & Creativity with ability to work in rapidly transformational & changing environments
- Building Excel Models
- Executing Journal Entries
- Preparing and Updating Weekly Roadmap Reports
- Creating Executive Presentations
- Acting as trusted business advisor
- Recommending and implementing process improvements to improve productivity
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Opportunity to interact on daily basis with senior management and executives up to CFO level.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Knowledge of Accounting & Financial Metrics
- Experience with Excel and Power point
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibited analytical skills with attention to detail
- Quick to learn, self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to solve unstructured / abstract problems with oversight.
- 3rd year students are preferred
- Intermediate excel skills, such as pivot tables, macros, and are able to execute advanced formulas (Vlookups & If Functions) in order to quickly analyze data
- Data analytics are executed with efficiency and are presented in a repeatable and sustainable way.
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Exposure or experience with Cognos, Excel Modelling, Hyperion.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.