Experienced Consultative Sales Professional (Vancouver)
Are you a spirited, ambitious, and results oriented individual who is self-motivated and excited by competition?
Do you want to explode your career in the path of IT Sales Profession? Do you think the world can work smarter?
As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, IBM is leading our planetâ??s global transformation and we feel it is just the place to build your career in consultative sales!
As a consultative sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose - to be essential. You will actively engage clients around business opportunities and proven solutions, insights and technology innovations that help enable them to succeed.
You will be part of a group of experienced consultative IT sales professionals at IBM Canada. As part of the IBM Summit Program you will receive exceptional IBM training and development combined with experiences that will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to make an immediate impact and achieve individual growth as a leader. The training program will last for several months and will require travel.
For more information regarding the IBM Summit Program, go to: www.ibm.com/employment/summit
What will be my key role responsibilities?
- Leverage industry, product and consultative sales expertise to sell clients individually tailored solutions that create value and meet business requirements
- Engage decision makers within client organizations to drive alignment and consensus on sales solutions
- Prospect via IBM tools and other resources for new buyers and new opportunities within the client organizations.
- Collaborate with other consultative sales and non-sales IBM colleagues to deliver outstanding client engagements
- Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to maintain current clients and generate new business opportunities; share insights that build and promote the IBM brand across the web and social media
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, creating, and delivering client value propositions
- Provide leadership in client relationship management to ensure solutions meet or exceed customer expectations
- Continuously maintain and expand consultative sales, industry, and technical knowledge; use expertise to serve as a thought leader during client engagements
What is IBM looking for in a candidate?
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, and identify new business opportunities
- Motivated self-starter with a passion for consultative sales and a desire to achieve performance goals
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize demands from multiple clients while developing creative sales solutions that solve complex business problems
- Business and financial acumen, business case ROI development, negotiation, and technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business Degree required
- 2-5 year of successful technology sales experience
- Readiness to travel 25% travel annually
- English: Fluent and Bilingualism an asset
- Ability to develop fresh approaches, innovate and adapt
- Understanding of current industry trends and directions
- Master's Degree in Business/Management
- Demonstrated Consultative Sales and leadership experience
- Strong business acumen
- Approachable, engaging and service driven - focus on relationship based sales
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.