Entry Level Front-End Developer
Candidates must be willing to work in any of the following locations: Toronto, CAN
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems – there is no better place to launch your career!
Front-end developers are responsible for an application's user-facing code and the architecture of its immersive user experiences. This involves designing and developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts.
What You'll Do:
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test high-quality web and mobile apps containing rich content and user interface components.
- You will work closely with user experience designers to take wireframes and mockups from conception to implementation.
- You'll identify specific issues in the user interface, recommending and implementing solutions that influence and improve the design.
- You'll use cutting edge web technologies and employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a delightful user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
Who You Are:
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You've used modern frameworks such as Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, Node.js, and JQuery and have some familiarity with current UI development technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Sass and JSON.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.