Entry-Level Consultant - Consulting by Degrees - 2018 Intake - Toronto
We live in an incredible time of transformation for business, society and the workplace. IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) Canada is now hiring Entry-Level Consultants for the 2018 intake of the Consulting by Degrees Program. IBM Consulting by Degrees (CBD) is our world class program designed to groom top, entry level consultants into tomorrowâ??s leaders. By providing a variety of project and role experiences, and deep skills development opportunities, our consultants are prepared to launch and accelerate their careers successfully. The CbD program seeks the best and brightest from all walks of life â??from business to engineering; communications to computer science; analytics to application development and everything in between.
For more information on the Consulting By Degrees program, please visit our CBD Program Page at
Service Lines and teams that we are currently recruiting for include:
Digital Strategy and Interactive:
You will address customer needs by designing world-class digital customer experiences; create user experience designs and prototypes.
- UI/UX Designers: Candidates interested in user experience designers/information architects roles need to have experience with CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, typography, human factors, agile design and development methodology and processes
Cognitive Process Transformation:
- Cognitive Business Decision Support: Supporting decision making that drives business value using advanced analytics, cognitive technology, industry/domain specific expertise and data. Candidates interested in this role must have a strong interest in technology, analytics, big data, Cloud, mobile, social and how that technology intersects with business and strategy. Education includes math, statistics or an analytics or data science degree is strongly preferred.
- Cognitive Process Services: Outsourced functional process services using cognitive technologies to help clients speed up their transformation and deliver faster financial benefits. Candidates interested in this area must have a strong financial or Talent & Engagement background/education.
- Cognitive Process Re-engineering: Core process transformation consulting services to help clients realize their strategic transformation objectives using digitization, automation and cognition.
Cloud Application Innovations:
- Next-Gen EA and Mobile: will cover all cloud, cognitive, industry, on-premise and mobile offerings and solutions for SAP (S/4HANA, HANA Analytics, Hybris, Successfactors, Ariba, Concur), Oracle (ERP Cloud, HCM Cloud, JDE Cloud, CX), Microsoft (AX, Dynamics CRM, Office 365, Sharepoint) and Workday (HCM Cloud and Finance Cloud), as well as Mobile at-scale offerings and solutions. Candidates interested in this role are expected to be f ully functional with all aspects of MS technology experience (Office 365, Visual Studio and Azure) or have some exposure to SAP and CRM systems.
In addition to the technical requirements, we look for the following in an IBM GBS Entry-level Consultant:
- A technical degree in Computer Science or related field – For design roles, you must be able to showcase your portfolio.
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability with the willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- A thorough and analytical approach with the capability to apply logic to solve problems.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands.
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- Ability to write effectively, communicating complex messages or requirements clearly, simply, and concisely.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
- French language proficiency is an absolute requirement for roles in Quebec.
- A valid driver's permit is required for this role.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Role ( Job Role ): Business Transformation Consultant
Position Type: Early Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Remote work possible? Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?: No
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Required Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise: Listed above
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience: N/A
Must be eligible to work in Canada
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.