Entry Level Cognitive Software Engineer
Candidates must be willing to work in any of the following locations: Toronto, CAN
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems – there is no better place to launch your career!
Cognitive Software Development involves create learning systems that enable humans and machines to perform better than either humans or machines alone. These systems are designed to create new partnerships between people and machines to augment and scale human expertise in every industry, from healthcare to financial services to education.
What You'll Do:
- You will create and maintain machine learning models with a focus on big data.
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications in areas such as machine learning, computational linguistics, and Natural Language Processing (NLP), advanced and semantic information search, extraction, induction, classification and exploration.
- You'll assist with implementing, testing and improving algorithms in these areas, and will proactively identify and file patentable technology.
- You'll employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
Who You Are:
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with engineers and scientists of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You know something about knowledge representation and reasoning.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming in a language such as Java or Python.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Must have basic knowledge in one of the following technology areas : Java or Python.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.