Distributed Middleware Specialist
Since receiving the Randstad Award for
Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015)
, IBM is expanding its footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
- 24/7/365 Rotation On Call Middleware technical support with SIS, clients, and third party vendors
- Ensures applicatoin access to middleware and inter-connectivity, performance issues are resolved and ensure highest level of system availability
- Performs analysis, problem-solving and evaluation activities on special technical topics related to project/engagement/proposal objectives
- Administers middleware components and access requirements in a complex environment
- Maintain Security standards and audit compliance including documentation
- Performance analysis and management
- Problem determination to the lowest level, including traces .. etc
- IBM Security Access Manager (TAM), WebSEAL, LDAP, DataPower SOA appliance, WebSphere Application Server subject matter expert for SIS application related at a technical level including client-side support
- Coordinates design and implementation of disaster recovery plan and procedures for SIS
- Review Client's Statement of Work / Contract for Middleware-Application Related Components
- Co-ordinates design and implementation of disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Design, costing and implementation based on analytical skills and business knowledge. Often consulting with application departments on anything middleware-application related project.
You will be working with Multiple Middleware Application Support Teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Expert level experience in working with and managing IBM DataPower SOA appliances, designing, developing, implementing, and supporting services using DataPower. Initial setup, configuration of devices automation of deployments and operations, manages policies and digital certificates, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Expert level experience in WebSphere Application Server in the installation, configuration, tuning/sizing, clustering, deployment, problem resolution and creating scripts (wsadmin, shell, perl, ant, Jython, Python, Jacl)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Familiarity and experience with network topology
- Must Have:
- Experience with enterprise application design, implementation, maintenance and administration.
- Documentation using Microsoft Visio.
- Data Center redundancy models
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Perl.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.