Development IT Technical Analyst - Coop (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing September, 2017. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
A position is available within DevIT Canada Development Support organization at the IBM Canada Lab's Markham location. We are looking for a candidate willing to apply themselves and participate in providing high quality technical support to a wide range of internal IBM software development customers. The successful candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies and get things done.
The candidate would work closely with the local team to provide solutions and help develop self-service offerings for our internal software development customers. The candidate should have programming and business process automation knowledge.
This position should appeal to those candidates that like to work in a variety of areas, build skill levels, enjoy interacting with customers and peers. This job would suit candidates that are interested in improving business processes, automation of tasks and working on virtualization and efficiency initiatives, this is a role for you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Java, PowerShell, etc
- Knowledge of basic programming constructs (loops, booleans, case/switch, etc)
- Ability to work on site and the Canada Lab Markham Location
- Motivated and self-starter to get things done
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to initiate discussions regarding aspects of the overall environment with peers
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience with website design
- Knowledge of Linux would be a plus
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.