Customer On Boarding/Solution Engineer
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
The Cloud Innovation Lab is a team dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from data center design to network architecture to storage and compute clusters to flexible infrastructure services. We are building IBM's next generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at a global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients.
We are looking for a Customer On Boarding/Solution Engineer in Markham, ON to join our Performance Engineering team team, who innovates & shares our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace.
The successful candidate will be both internal and external customer facing and will work with the entire Cloud Lab Engineering team.
As this technical Customer On Boarding/Solution Engineer role your key responsibilities will include:
- On-boarding new customers, starting with understanding and mapping their functional and non-functional requirements onto the new platform.
- Help run a broad array of workloads while delivering a delightful customer experience and bringing these learning's back to the engineering team to help iterate on the evolution of the platform
- Manage technical aspects of customer life-cycle from early user adoption to creating and delivering value for the customer as well as overall user satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have excellent client-facing and interpersonal skills, be an independent thinker with keen problem solving skills. If you are passionate about Cloud and technology then this may be the opportunity for you!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 3-5 years experience building customer relationships and establishing value around a (Cloud) solutions vision.
- 2-3 years experience ensuring post deployment user success.
- 2-3 years experience articulating technology and product positioning to business users
- Proven ability to deliver with quality in a team environment
- Proven ability to work with different teams to provide solution roadmap to clients
- Proven ability to develop solution strategies
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- 2-3 years solid coding experience, preferably with parallel and distributed systems
- 1-3 years experience with open source CI/CD tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Go programming language
- Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.