Custom Application Solution Developer
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
In this role as a Custom Application Solution Developer, successful candidates must be able to work with IBM clients and to:
- Work as a member of and Agile application development team to build custom Omni-channel applications;
- Work with Agile Sprint team members to design, code and unit test custom REST API's;
- Learn new technologies in support of Omni channel application development and the API Economy, including API design and development, Microservices, Cloud deployment, DevOps, nodeJS, AngularJS, noSQL db's such as MongoDB.
As a Special Terms Employee (STE) with IBM Global Services in Canada, you'll be aligned to innovative project assignments, working with IBM colleagues and clients, leveraging your experience and specialized capabilities. You'll have an opportunity to cultivate your expertise, use your knowledge to the fullest extent and work with the best and brightest in the industry. The STE employment category enables IBM Canada to obtain specific skills quickly and for an unspecified period of time, driven by client requirements and project priorities. Explore how working at IBM aligns with your career aspirations and goals by reaching out to IBM Recruiters.
Visit http://www.ibm.com/ca/ for more information.
"This position is open to those with Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian citizenship status"
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Custom application design and development experience using J2E platforms such as JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic / Fusion or nodeJS;
- REST API design and development experience.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Agile Software Development methodologies experience would be an asset;
- Web Application Development with HTML 5, AngularJS, nodeJS, and J2E/Spring would be an asset;
- Understanding of industry standards (HTML 5, REST, WSDL, SOAP) would be an asset;
- DevOps experiences including unit test automation (jUnit), continuous integration with technologies such as Jenkins, Maven and Selenium would be an asset;
- Financial services / banking solutions experience would be an asset.
This position is open to those with Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian citizenship status.
Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.