Configuration Management Software Engineer - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing May, 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Configuration Management Software Engineer Co-op include:
The Security Intelligence (QRadar) Configuration Management team is seeking a highly motivated individual to complete a work term as a build engineer. The CM Team is responsible for Source Code Management, Build, and Automation infrastructure for the entire SI product line and as such requires an individual to fulfill various software development roles throughout our product build environment. To fulfill this role we are seeking a mature, ambitious, and creative individual to join our team.
- Maintain RPMs over the life cycle of product(s)
- Monitor Linux security vulnerabilities and report security concerns to management
- Update and catalogue 3rd party RPMs
- Ensure Linux OS is secure/hardened and updated on a regular basis
- Investigate new Linux OSes for future releases.
- Assist with completion of security compliance mandates.
- Perform code reviews as required.
- Assist with implementation DevOps processes.
- Assist with design and deployment of Build Verification and Build Automation environments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Successful completion of 2 years Computer Engineering/Software Engineering
- Experienced with Linux environments
- Software development experience
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to complete tasks without supervision
- Positive attitude
- Client focused
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.