Cloud Engineer - Watson Analytics - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is for a 4-month coop work term commencing January 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Cloud Engineer, Watson Analytics include:
Watson Analytics is a smart data discovery service on the cloud. It introduces a paradigm shift in the way business users engage with data and analytics. Guided by capabilities from across the IBM Business Analytics portfolio, Watson Analytics allows business users to independently navigate through their data, easily applying their domain knowledge to the observed patterns in order to quickly answer questions, gain insights and make informed, data-driven decisions.
As an IBM Cloud Engineer working in our DevOps culture, you will use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art SaaS offerings. Youâ??ll be responsible for the design, development, release and ongoing operation of Continuous Delivery & Deployment framework, architecture, tooling and process that support our technology platforms and services.
We also offer:
- Soccer, Volleyball, Foosball, Table Tennis, PS4, and more
- Cafeteria with Tim Hortons
- Free gym and health programs
- A fun team of geeks
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
- Proven coding/scripting skills with languages such as Python
- Demonstrated belief in failing fast and working iteratively in an Agile environment
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Exposure to configuration management tools such as Chef, Jenkins and Docker
- Experience engineering solutions in a DevOps culture supporting Automation, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Continuous Availability, Logging, Monitoring, etc.
- Experience administering aplication servers, web servers and databases such Node.js, WebSphere, Nginx, MongoDB, DB2, IBM BigInsights (Hadoop)
- Experience working with Vyatta, ELK, NewRelic
- Experience providing infrastructure to support developers to deliver to CI/CD systems
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.