Cloud Concierge Support Specialist - Internship (Ottawa, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 12 (internship) month work term commencing May 1, 2016.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Main Responsibilities for Cloud Concierge Support Specialist include:
- Manage Daily Operations of Cloud Concierge Support Desk (core responsibility) - provide Cloud Concierge support to the BA Analytics Tech sellers, meet the same day response Service Level Agreement (SLA), network with Cloud Concierge subject matter experts, spot trends and build appropriate support documentation based on trends
- Create & Manage Support Documentation - build & maintain a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) document of commonly asked questions and answers, create 'standalone' documents to address Cloud Concierge usage issues
- Contribute to Process & Technology Improvement - in the areas of Quality Control, content management (Box), and support desk automation
- Complete Small Projects - as assigned
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Exhibited quality and professional communications (written & verbal)
- Proven proficiency using email, web browsers and PCs (experience using a MAC is an asset)
- Proven proficiency using office applications, such as MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel, as well as social media concepts & tools to collaborate
- Demonstrated experience with technology platforms, such as databases
- Proven self-starter who learns new technologies quickly, with little or no guidance and/or training
- Shown persistence and has looked for alternatives when facing road blocks or difficult situations
- Proven ability to multi-task and work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Familiarity with business processes in a variety of sectors, in particular: Project & Process Management, Conflict Management & Issue Resolution
- Experience in a help desk setting
- Created technical documentation aimed at varying audiences
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.