Capital Markets Business Analyst - Coop (Toronto, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Capital Markets Business Analyst include:
- Functional Business Analyst for the Integrated Market and Credit Risk (IMCR) solution.
- Support Development and client implementation teams.
- Investigate and resolve client support issues.
- Design and execute Functional Test cases for the solution.
- Document new Solution features.
- Assist in data creation / management required for functional testing.
- Help maintain and refresh development environments when required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Working towards a Business and/or Mathematics degree
- Previous experience working at a major Financial Institution in a front/middle office capacity
- Exhibited analysis and problem solving skill set
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of Risk Management in Capital Markets industry, in particular Counterparty Credit and Market Risk
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of or experience with key market initiatives and upcoming mandatory regulatory requirements (XVA, FRTB, SACCR)
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with Unix operating systems
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.