Business Process Management and Blueworks Live - Intern (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May, 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Business Process Management and Blueworks Live include:
We are seeking students looking for an internship experience working in a dynamic and high paced environment as we innovate and extend our footprint into the Smarter Process segment. Our products are mission critical business software with both on premise and on the cloud footprints that enable our customers to improve their business efficiency and agility. Your role will be a combination of software development and testing contributing to the design, implementation and test of new features and functions.
Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
We operate in a self-managed team model (Spotify team model) and take pride in delivering success to our customers.
Here is you can learn and experience in this job.
- Business Process Management and Modelling concepts
- Cloud-oriented software development
- Automation and continuous development
- Enterprise server and UI design and architecture
- Performance tuning for large scale system software
- Proven team work in a self-managed team environment
- Satisfaction in working on a product that delights our customers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Motivation and ability to learn new innovative technologies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience in developing/testing large scale User Interface and/or Server systems
- Test automation
- Cloud / SaaS product development experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Understanding of software engineering
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.