Business Operations Analyst - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for IBM Commerce Business Operations Analyst include:
The Business Operations Analyst internship offers a tremendous opportunity to learn about what it takes to run multinational software development, consulting, and support business. A successful Business Operations Analyst works closely with the IBM executive management team and finance experts to track, measure, and analyze operational data across several lines of businesses. He/she is also responsible for producing business & financial reports that will help the IBM management team to make informed business decisions. If you have a strong analytical mind, an interest in business, and proven communication skills, this internship is for you!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 3rd or 4th year student in a business, finance, accounting or related program.
- Proven knowledge of business operations principles
- Proven knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Proven knowledge of productivity tools such as excel, powerpoint
- Proven analytical skills to spot business trends and provide analysis
- General project management skills
- Proven communication skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- General understanding of the software business
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.