Business Development - Oil & Gas (Natural Resources Solution Centre)
IBM has established a Calgary based Natural Resources Solution Centre (NSRC). The primary objective of this group is to provide industry expertise consulting and solution development and drive/support business development for Chemical & Petroleum consulting engagements and associated solutions in markets throughout Canada.
This Senior Industry Consultant, Oil and Gas role will represent ALL IBM solutions to the Oil, Gas, and related accounts in Canada. This includes understanding all Natural Resources Solution Portfolios including HW, SW and Services Brands that combine to form them. The role will drive signings and YTY revenue growth to capture the 15+% y/y oil and gas industry growth and gain market share. The role is expected to establish, maintain, and grow â??Câ?? level executive relationships with the industry leading clients and related associations.
- Initial qualification involving new and/or emerging business opportunities in the Natural Resources Industry in GB Canada, with a specific focus on building IBMâ??s business within the Oil, Gas, and EPC marketplace;
- Working with IBM sales and marketing extended teams as well as customer/prospect executives to develop opportunities;
- Creating and building relationships that will result in additional revenue and revenue opportunity within GB Canada;
- Identifying and building discipline/specialty offerings/solutions in new and existing Natural Resources industry clients;
- Invests IBM resources to ensure coverage and penetration for new opportunities;
- Leading multifunctional teams to develop and close the most complex, leading-edge, high-risk opportunities, planning and leading negotiations with all levels of customer/prospect management, including senior executive management;
- Mastering IBM's strategies, organization and processes and is being considered by peers, senior management inside and outside IBM, as an expert and leader in Natural Resources Industry (specific expertise in Oil and Gas operations);
- Acting as a mentor to less experienced professionals within and outside the profession;
- Exhibiting entrepreneurial behavior with customers/prospects to instill confidence that IBM is committed to building solid relationships in new/emerging market spaces;
- Assuming additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Strong knowledge of relevant technologies and their use in the oil and gas industry;
- Knowledge of production methods in oil, gas, and oil sands, including SAGD;
- Some exposure to major ERP systems and integration methods to these systems;
- Knowledge / experience with cloud based technology;
- Knowledge and experience utilizing data analytics technologies to solve problems or gain insights.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.