Business Consultant / Information Technology (IT) Specialist Entry L
At IBM we know technology. But technology is only as good as the results it delivers. Are you interested and adept in application development methodology and tools?The IBM Services Centre: Nova Scotia occupies a unique position in the IT marketplace – at the intersection of business and technology. This Global Service Centre provides services to leading edge clients who are looking for a unique, Canada – based capability to design, develop and support their mission-critical applications.
As a member of our team, the candidate will help clients solve some of their most challenging business problems, capitalize on market opportunities and achieve real value in today's tough economy.
The Business Consultant / Information Technology (IT) Specialist roles are embedded into a variety of our business solutions and opportunities. Business Consultants are involved in business analysis, project management and support, as well as solution design for client engagements. IT Specialists are involved in the design and development of applications to meet client requirements, in addition to preparing executing various test cases. As part of our team, the candidate can leverage the advanced methodologies, tools and procedures that only a global leader like IBM can provide. The candidate will also have the opportunity to develop new custom applications and solution designs to broaden their skills and grow their career in the IT and business communities.
What will the role offer you?
- The opportunity to work with top IBM clients from around the world
- The chance to live and work in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Exceptional training and on-going learning and development opportunities
- Multiple career growth opportunities
- A supportive work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are hiring year round, so if you are looking for an impactful and rewarding career in an exciting fast paced work environment – apply today!
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
- Capabilities / experiences in business consultancy, project management, strategic thinking, data security and privacy, business controls, financial analysis
- Information Technology experience or demonstrated technical aptitude obtained either through relevant coursework or work-related activities
- Relevant business experience or Industry experience in the Telecommunications, Retail, Financial Services Sector – Banking and Insurance, Energy, Public Sector – Healthcare and Federal
- A demonstrated history of achievement in academics, internships, and/or work experience
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, making individual contributions to challenging projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines
- Proven interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skill
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Programming experience or background in any language
- Willingness to live in Nova Scotia (a low amount of travel anticipated
Required Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
Ability to work in the Canada, without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.