Bluemix Software Engineer
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to develop the future of IBM's Cloud offerings? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is the world's premier open platform for cloud software development. Bluemix enables software developers to create apps and have them up and running on cloud servers in seconds to minutes, with all the infrastructure standup handled by the platform. Bluemix powers web and mobile apps, big data platforms, and more. With Bluemix, IBM is opening up its entire portfolio of industry-leading products as composable services, creating a mix of start-up-like agility and enterprise-level capability. We are changing the world of software development by putting the world's best tools in the hands of every developer. Come and change the world with us.
Bluemix is looking for experienced front-end developers to build the next generation of awesomeness for our platform. The ideal candidate should have confidence as a front-end developer, comfort in working with design and engineering in an iterative model to deliver an experience that raises the bar and blends seamlessly into our overall platform experience. The successful candidate will work with other squads in Bluemix development and interfacing with offer/product management teams. You will also participate in the broader development community activities such as hackathons.
This position will be based in Toronto, Canada.
- Creating unified experiences across new and merging service offerings
- Building out IBM Cloud's new unified Bluemix portal experience
- Helping design a complete cloud model of resources for many functions such as access
- Ensuring automated testing and security needs are addressed
- Working with IBM Design to ensure a uniform and consistent user experience
- Participate in building common UI components and libraries
- As required or desired, participate in open source development initiatives
If you feel you possess the skills and experience for success in this role, we would like to hear from you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- At least 1 years experience developing in Java/NodeJS
- At least 1 year experience with Agile software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success as a self started and also working collaboratively within a large global team
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- At least 2+ years Nginx experience
- 1-2 years experience with web development
- 1-2 years experience with microservices
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.