Bluemix Project Developer - Coop (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing May, 2017
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Bluemix Project Developer include:
Do you think the world can work smarter? At IBM we're in the business of making the world work better. Come join the Cloud unit and combine the best practices of Design Thinking, Agile Development and Lean Startup to create applications that run on Bluemix, IBM's Cloud Platform.
We are looking for enthusiastic software developers who are passionate about learning, designing and developing applications, solving puzzles and teamwork.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on activities such as:
- Developing MVP web or mobile applications. MVP stands for "Minimum Viable Product" – an MVP application is targeted to a specific end-user persona and is designed to prove out a hypothesis.
- Internal tool development
- Use of business analytics to measure organization performance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and problem solving
- Proven teamwork and communication skills. Teaming and collaboration is key!
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Cloud development skills with Bluemix or other cloud platforms
- Web (eg. Angular, React.js) or mobile application (eg. iOS, android) development experience
- NoSQL database skills (eg. mongoDB, Cloudant)
- Use of REST APIs
- Basic command line usage on Mac, Linux or Windows
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.