Bilingual Digital Marketing Merchandiser - Markham, Ontario
Working with the NA IOT IBM Marketplace Leader, the Performance Marketing Team and offering owners, the Digital Marketing Merchandiser role would develop and execute the merchandising plan, collateral and tactics to place and promote IBM offerings in the Marketplace as part of a marketing campaign as well as normal activation and maintenance of offerings within the IBM Marketplace. The Digital Marketing Merchandiser sits within the Performance Marketing organization but takes business direction from the IBM Marketplace Leader.
Based on their knowledge of Digital Marketing techniques, Social Media, Content Marketing, the B2B buyer journey process, and IBM sales, the employees in this role lead the planning and execution of:
- Merchandising tactics to drive traffic and attention to featured offerings.
- Managing the activation of offerings within the IBM Marketplace by working with Portfolio Marketing offering owners and the Marketplace Leader to place IBM and Business Partners offerings in the Marketplace in a state of readiness based on response management and sales enablement guidelines.
- Ensuring that merchandising activities are integrated into the digital marketing plan to drive customers and prospects to the Marketplace in campaigns to create a digital sales funnel.
- Working with the Marketplace Leader and Digital Strategist to audit marketing campaigns to ensure that they point to the IBM Marketplace at the correct point of the Buyer Journey with a compelling "call to action" offer. Applying sound marketing testing discipline to evaluate offer effectiveness, achieve learning and constantly improve offers and content is expected.
- Researching web properties in ibm.com, other IBM properties, in social media, user groups and external web properties and building referral links (cross-merchandising links) to drive traffic to the IBM Marketplace for individual offerings as well as for the digital storefront as a whole.
- Partnering with Performance Marketing, Portfolio Marketing and SEO experts, determine keyword search strategy for the IBM Marketplace and individual Marketplace offerings in both Masthead search and organic search in a manner that creates web traffic and customer web engagement in a manner that is harmonious to the Business Unit offering pages and the overall team's marketing strategy.
- Examining traffic data, visitor behavior and other digital data to constantly learn, improve and optimize business results from the IBM Marketplace.
- Managing the placement of new content, events, customer references and promotions within the Marketplace.
- Working with a Data Analyst and/or content from reporting dashboards/data warehouse, to provide the IBM Marketplace Leader and others with a weekly analysis of Marketplace data, customer behavior, testing results, merchandising results, promotion results, traffic, conversion rates, pipeline/revenue data and recommendations for further marketing actions at a store level as well as an offering category level. This will be used to run weekly cadence calls and drive a methodology of data driven decision-making and constant, agile improvement.
- Managing the implementation of Live Advisor modules on offering pages within the Marketplace.
- Maintaining updated pricing and terms and conditions on offering pages based on direction from authorized offering owners
- Under the direction of the Marketplace Leader, placing and removing approved promotions in the Marketplace, merchandising them and testing the commerce application/fulfillment systems to ensure that the pricing and terms and conditions are correct.
- Conducting "mystery shopper" audits to ensure that call routing, sales enablement and sales personnel for Marketplace offers are working according to plan. Prior to placing a new offering in the Marketplace, the Merchandiser would perform this operation with the IBM personnel boarding the offering.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing a close working relationship with the IBM Marketplace Leader, Performance Marketing teammates, Portfolio Marketing offering owners, content strategists, the IBM Digital organization and IBM Digital Sales. This position requires Digital Marketing skills, strong analytic skills, interpersonal skills and very effective communications skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Media, Web Design, Marketing, Computer Science or Bus Management
- Basic Digital Marketing Skills including web site management
- Familiarity in Social Media: Blogs, Forums, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Knowledge in how SEO and Keywords work and their applicability to web properties and Social Media sites
- Strong data analysis skills
- At least 1 year experience using communication skills either academically or in a work environment
- At least 1 year experience in managing relationships with influence and negotiation experience either academically or in a work environment
- At least 1 year experience supporting teamwork and collaboration skills either academically or in a work environment
- At least 1 years experience applying project management skills either academically or in a work environment
- English & French: Fluent
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing
- Very Fluent and capable in Digital Marketing and Social Media techniques
- Multivariate data analysis skills
- Fluent and capable in Web Design
- Fluent and capable in Authoring and Content Marketing
- Excellent Presentation skills
Required Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.