Application Support Specialist
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
- 24/7/365 Rotation On Call for application changes supporting SIS release process with a focus on SIS Month end Statements application
- Ensures changes are made accurately to SIT/UAT and Prod with no service outages or SLA impact to clients
- Performs analysis, problem-solving and evaluation activities on upcoming application changes/proposal objectives
- Administers application changes as required in support of assigned applications
- Maintain good housekeeping on all associated environments
- Install, administrator and maintain all associated TSO MVS JCL
- Act as SME for all Month end Statements projects and other BAU requests and be available for all Sev1/Sev2 type incidents
- Have an understanding of library management disciplines as well as SDLC processes
- SIS focal for ASDS Month end Statement processing and other assigned tasks
- Participate in disaster recovery plan during all internal and customer tests
- As the SME for ASDS, review plans for upcoming projects and make technical recommendations
- Understand DB2, CICS & IMS concepts and apply as appropriate
- Help with implementation discussions for new projects based on technical, analytical skills and business knowledge
You will the opportunity to:
- Work along side very technical talented individuals
- Experience the complexity of the environment that is challenging
- Continue to learn and develop your technical skills or platform for learning new skills
- Flexibility to work independently or collaborative
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Solid understanding of TSO/MVS/JCL.
- Ability to quickly diagnose setup issues as it relates to JCL setup.
- Understand DB2, CICS and IMS concepts and apply as required.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
- Experience with library management concepts.
- Understand all Data Center concepts
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with working with 3rd parties to deliver solutions so customers.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
Familiarity and experience with Websphere, UNIX and scripting
Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.