Application DeveloperMobile/Watson IoT/VR Solutions - Coop (Toronto)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Application Developer – Mobile/Watson IoT/VR Solutions include:
The IBM Interactive Experience (http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/business-consulting/interactiveexperience/) develops complete digital experience for our customers.
Our Canadian Digital Solution development team is a global leader in providing clients with Web, Mobile, or API development services based on emerging technologies. We design and develop custom solutions for a variety of device platforms including Responsive Web, iPhone, Android, Apple TV, Internet of Things (IoT).
We are also helping our client build the next generation of digital solutions that are cloud enabled and powered by cognitive using IBM Bluemix Cloud Platform and IBM Watson Solutions and APIs.
This position is for the IBM iX team based in Downtown Toronto.
Our team is looking for enthusiastic and driven Application Developers with full stack application development skills.
Do you live and breathe mobile? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for digital technology to improve experiences? Can you collaborate and push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications for our clients? We want your skills and experience. Bring us your work portfolio and let's talk!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Minimum of 4-months internship/co-op experience in application development
- Experience developing rich mobile/web user interfaces, component and widgets
- Experience with cloud platforms including AwS, Bluemix and Azure
- Understanding of API specs and knowledge of how to create them (NodeJS, ExpressJS, Sails.js)
- Detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design
- Exhibits creative thinking, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
- Experience with several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming)
- Experience in server side technologies (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, NodeJS, Python, PHP)
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience creating iOS native applications using Appleâ??s Xcode development tools and major iOS frameworks using Objective-C and/or Swift
- Experience creating native Android applications using Android development tools and major Android frameworks using Java
- Experience creating AR/VR applications using Unity
- Development experience in C#
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.