Application Developer, Mobile Integration
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide, helping top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues.
Our team is looking for enthusiastic and driven Application Developers with skills in developing mobile applications. Do you live and breathe mobile? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for mobile technology to improve experiences? Can you collaborate and push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications for our clients? We want your skills and experience. Bring us your work portfolio and letâ??s talk!
In this role as an Application Developer, Mobile Integration, you will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and application design and management to leading sector organizations. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. Join us and you'll be part of a team that encourages constant learning and provides the projects and training that will help develop your expertise. You'll be challenged and supported in an environment that embraces individual differences and rewards your best work. You'll find everything you need to start building the career you want at one of the most successful companies in history. But it's up to you how you get there - you'll be the one in charge, putting forward your ideas, taking on responsibilities and making choices about how to get the job done.
This position is based in downtown Toronto.
- Analytical and have strong problem determination skills;
- A proven communicator and enjoy collaborating;
- Someone who takes initiative, exhibits creative thinking, has the drive to turn ideas into reality, and has a passion for user experience.
- Develop APIs and integrate mobile apps with mobile back-end & enterprise SORs;
- On-Site and Post implementation support;
- Assure business and technical architecture aligns with the customerâ??s functional and non-functional requirements;
- Advise on architectural strategies and best practice approaches;
- Provide regular updates of project progress and outstanding issues;
- Participate in the design and planning of projects in conjunction with the external partners, other IT, and business users.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Analytical & you have strong problem determination skills;
- Detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team;
- Experience developing complex rich mobile user interfaces, component and widgets;
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design;
- Products and tools such as: Bluemix, APIM, Cloudant, CastIron;
- Skills: Node.js, RESTful services, J2EE, JSON;
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE): Eclipse;
- Use of SOAPUI or equivalent tooling;
- Demonstrated experience with system & data analysis, architecture, and design;
- Data integration and workflow design including one of Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, MYSQL, MongoDB database technologies;
- Demonstrated understanding of XML mapping & translation techniques;
- Software development, configuration and customization.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Web Services
- Object Relational Mappers (ORM)
Candidates must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.