Application Developer, Contact Center Support
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and application design and management to leading sector organizations in multiple industries worldwide. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. â?? We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic and driven Application Developer with skills in Call Center Support.
MUST HAVE GENESYS CONTACT CENTER SOLUTION SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE
This position is located in Markham, Ontario.
- Providing support in a Service Management environment, handling of incidents, problem and change tickets as per service levels;
- Communicating appropriately with client to determine nature and severity level of Service Incidents and/or Service Requests;
- Appropriately analyzing client Service Incidents to obtain resolution or work-around;
- Effectively communicating Service Incident resolutions to client;
- Resolving the Service Incident and/or Service Request;
- Documenting the Service Incident work-around and/or resolution;
- Providing technical support related to the maintenance and administration of the applications;
- Providing development support for minor enhancements and customizations.
Note: This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Contact Center Technical Environment knowledge
- Ability to apply minor enhancements (changes in code, etc.) Development, etc. with GVP Code, Routing Code
- Ability to conduct investigations of problem tickets and root cause analysis of major incidents / outages
- Ability to execute upgrades
- Infrastructure / OS knowledge
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows Server environments
- Bash Scripting knowledge
- Solid analytical skills, problem determination and resolution recovery processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- This role requires to be on pager rotation once every 5 weeks
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Call Recording "Verint" skills
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.