Analytics Technical Sales Specialist - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12 or 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Analytics Technical Sales Specialist include:
Analytics is changing the way people within organizations work together. It is creating a culture in which business and IT leaders must join forces to realize value from all data. Insights from big data can enable all employees to make better decisions—deepening customer engagement, optimizing operations, preventing threats and fraud, and capitalizing on new sources of revenue.
We are seeking an Analytics Technical Sales Specialist Intern to join a dedicated sales team focused on the development of new business opportunities for IBM Canada while gaining valuable industry and solution experience that will enrich your working career. You will work with specific products helping sellers demonstrate the business value of IBM Analytics which are tailored to meet a client's business needs and integrate IBM's Analytic Portfolio capabilities.
This individual will deliver product presentations, compelling demonstrations, proofs-of-concept, conduct deep-dive discussions and whiteboard sessions that demonstrate the business value and technical strength of data & analytic capabilities to solve business problems.
This person will need to have related education and experiences with analytics technology, technical design and solution delivery. They will collaborate with the sales team to provide needed support to progress and close deals, while developing relationships with clients. This person will also direct the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of solutions to meet the customer's needs through workshops and other activities.
Upon successful completion of your internship, you will be eligible for full-time opportunities within the Technical Sales organization of the Analytics division upon graduation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, Math or equivalent experience with focus on distributed computing
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Solid understanding of application development processes and tools
- Working knowledge of database, ETL, business intelligence and stats technology
- Understands data governance concepts and techniques
- Familiarity with Cloud Architectures (IaaS, PaaS) and Cloud delivered solution characteristics (SaaS)
- Sales experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.