Account Manager, Solution Sales
IBM Global Business Services - Help Make the World Work Smarter
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
The Account Manager, Solution Sales, will be responsible for the identification, qualification and closure of new Global Business Services (GBS) Application Innovation Consulting opportunities in the Canada (Quebec) for specific named industry accounts.
You are expected to perform a variety of tasks, and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Develop a strong relationship with the clients (IT and Business);
- Achieve assigned signings quotas on a quarterly basis;
- Personally own the sales progression process for your opportunities;
- Participate and/or lead account planning sessions for your targeted accounts;
- Work with your industry leadership to determine innovative ideas for your client;
- Generate client value proposition, gain client consensus and drive opportunities;
- Participate in client-facing sales meetings and own the GBS AIC sales responsibilities;
- Provide subject-matter-expertise related to Application service offerings;
- Develop and deliver client facing sales presentations;
- Personally own and drive a client specific innovation agenda with your accounts.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
You will have experience across application development, application outsourcing and maintenance, testing, ERP, cloud and emerging application technologies. You will also have a demonstrated background in consultative selling, facilitating meetings and delivering client specific presentations. All candidates must be able to â??whiteboardâ?Â with a client to determine areas of opportunity and communicate effectively without relying on Powerpoint or other presentation materials.
- Service solutions selling Consulting Services
- Application Development and Maintenance
- Identifying, qualifying and closing complex engagements and building executive relationships
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Service solutions selling Consulting Services;
- Application Development and Maintenance;
- Identifying, qualifying and closing complex engagements and building executive relationships;
- Agile and Design Thinking experience;
- Understanding of emerging technologies and the current applications market;
- Cloud, Analytics, Mobile and Social sales.
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.