Insurance Advisor, Campus Training Program
Insurance Advisor; Campus Trainee Program
Insurance is peace of mind. It's knowing that if something were to happen to your car, home, possessions, you're protected. In fact, Insurance is all around us and touches virtually everything we do in life and in business! To ensure our customers get the best options available, we're looking for people who enjoy helping others and solving problems in an entrepreneurial and dynamic workplace.
HUB International is offering an opportunity to enter this global and growing industry with a unique training program that will provide business training, networking and professional client interactions. A combination of classroom learning, role playing, shadowing and hands-on experience within our branch network will prepare you with all you need to know to get started.
- Week 1: Learn the basics of the insurance industry in an interactive classroom setting and attain your Level 1 General Insurance license
- Week 2 – 10: Receive training on auto insurance in a customized and immersion program
- Week 10 – 16: Combine everything you’ve learned and work on the front lines of one of our community branches
- Ongoing: Continue working on a flexible, part-time basis around your school schedule
After completion of the training program, you will advise new and existing clients on how best to protect their most important assets within the scope of automobile insurance. Based out of one of our community branches, you will help people both in the branch and eventually qualify to help clients off –site at dealerships to find the best coverage for them. You will proactively build relationships, approaching your clients with both integrity and a service mindset. You will offer solutions from a diverse selection of ICBC and private insurance products and take pride in helping your clients understand how to best protect their new asset. As a highly detailed and service-oriented person, you make sure all the needed documentation has all the details and clients feel understood and their insurance needs are expertly taken care of.
- Proactively and creatively offer helpful solutions and alternatives to new and existing clients based on their needs while achieving sales objectives
- Process a wide variety of auto insurance transactions including renewals, new plates, transfers, cancellations, debt payments and more
- Develop new business by cross selling and making referrals to Personal & Commercial Lines
As the successful candidate you have a desire to connect with your clients and thrive in an environment where making face to face connections and building long-term relationships is key. You enjoy taking the opportunity to find just the right product for your client’s needs that can drive your own compensation goals via commissions. You balance your work and personal obligations by enjoying the flexibility our varied branch work hours offer. You take pride in your client care, communication skills and your ability to build strong relationships. Your excellent time management skills and attention to detail allow you to multi-task with ease which allows you to prioritize what needs to get done. You want an opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge within the industry and desire future career growth.
- Currently enrolled in 1st, 2nd or 3rd year college or university
- Ability to work within branch hours (such as evenings and weekends)
- Customer service aptitude and experience
- Must have use of vehicle to travel to dealership locations (we do offer mileage reimbursement)
Your future with HUB:
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including Commercial, Personal and Employee Benefits. We are the leading insurance broker in BC and across Canada, and are ranked among the world's top 8 insurance brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete financing for insurance industry training programs and courses
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.