Employment Type: Fixed Term
Underwrites mortgage loans ensuring Company and/or correspondent-originated loans are high quality and conform to investor and secondary market requirements and internal lending policies to protect Company interests.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Complete basic credit analyses and credit analysis section of underwriting review form to determine loan application approval or denial
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- This position operates within established procedures for assigned unit. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval
- Monitor packages for underwriting requirements and follow-up on pending loan packages. Ensure all information is complete prior to completing file review
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risks
Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of two years proven experience in mortgage operations, credit analysis or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience
- Proven mathematical, analytical and communications skills
- Working knowledge of mortgage credit regulations and guidelines
- Understands / speaks French as well as English fluently.