Service Associate, HSBCnet Direct Services
Employment Type: Regular
To provide operational and technical support and quality standards to Global e-Commerce. Primarily to provide frontline customer service by telephone for HSBCnet customers.
Impact on the Business
- Provides efficient support through completion of duties that are routine and straightforward in nature.
- Completes basic administrative support, processing, operational, servicing and/or accounting related duties in support of assigned area.
- Resolves issues as required and refers problems to higher level when appropriate.
- Adheres to quality, compliance, regulatory and HSBC standards and follows established procedures and policies when completing tasks.
- Maintains appropriate records of activities; prepares daily worksheets and reports as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to servicing and supporting activities of the assigned area.
- Provides basic customer service support either face-to-face or through an alternate channel as required by the business.
- Other projects as required.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Meet expectations in terms of speed, certainty and efficiency of response.
- Understand needs in order to complete transactions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to internal and external contacts.
- Provides training to customers and internal colleagues as needed
- Ensure work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Contributes to team-based approach in completing tasks and meeting internal and external stakeholder needs.
- Participates in quality, regulatory and compliance training in order to meet performance targets.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Global Channel Operations – to include global security token management, monitoring HSBCnet clients against regulatory policies such as OFAC, management of Staff Hexagon
- Responsible to comply with the HSBCnet Security & Controls guidelines, adhere to regular certifications and participate in improving internal control infrastructure.
- Escalate all service or operations failures.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Fast moving and continually evolving environment from a business, technology and risk perspective due to the global nature of the role.
- An acute risk environment due to the evolving nature of the external threats to the platforms
- Keeping up to date on the vast array of HSBCnet tools and services, globally. Particularly since these change regularly as a result of the extensive development programme
- Work involves routine or repetitive tasks under direct supervision.
- Work is completed according to well-defined, established procedures involving limited independent judgment.
- Supervisor provides direction for unfamiliar situations.
- Decisions and quality of work will have an impact on customers and / or functional area.
- Role involves some exposure to customers.
- Work is in office environment where systems are available in meeting service quality objectives.
- May be required to work outside of regular business hours. Regular shifts could be between 5am and 8pm.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of HSBC customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. They will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring; additionally by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Secondary school graduation.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Team player and development minded.
- Good communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Detailed orientated with good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task