Senior Analyst - Customer Due Diligence
Employment Type: Regular
The role encompasses a number of tasks involving KYC analysis and regulatory environment. Focus is on high quality and hence aspirants are expected to conform to AML Regulations, policies/procedures. The role requires one to perform high quality outbound customer contact for the purpose of obtaining sensitive personal information from both Premier and non Premier clients.Focuses on building rapport and trust with these clients in order to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
This role also involves liaising with relationship managers and other various stakeholders thus ensuring timely resolution of queries. Ensure high quality operational results.
Leadership & Teamwork
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Need to build strong product knowledge across various projects to ensure successful migration / performance of the processes.
- The most significant challenge in the role is ensuring the highest standards of customer service in terms of timeliness and customer experience, as these are key services that also differentiate the bank's offerings to customers and will accordingly impact customer loyalty and future business customer intends to do with HSBC.
- Double-hat the roles and responsibilities of customer contact and CDD Reviews
- To fully understand the existing regulatory environment and processes of the business and impact on day-to-day activities.
- To be aware of changes in the AML and compliance world which will impact performance
- Interacting of customers with challenging personalities, They require to be able to handle a chatty customer one moment and an angry customer the next
- Need to ensure they are able to keep their "cool" not allowing frustrated callers to get to them
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- To abide by the Group business risk and control management policy by containing Information risk in conjunction with relevant compliance Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to apply.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- A Bachelor's degree or with equivalent industry/functional experience
- Computer literate and ability to work on basic applications like MS Excel, MS Word and Lotus Notes
- Excellent Communication skills in English – written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible and willing to change along with changes in corporate and department objectives in addition to recommending changes to assist in meeting these objectives.
- Ability to balance quality and quantity (volumes) with primary focus on quality.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to evolving and changing priorities. Procedures change frequently; selected candidates are expected to implement the changes immediately with minimal training.
- Is self-motivated, pragmatic (sense of urgency is a must)
- Additional Information / Specific Skills (If Any):
- Previous experience in working for AML/KYC teams is desirable.
- The role holder may be required to be proficient in multiple languages (Cantonese, Mandarin, French).