Regulatory Compliance Business Support
Employment Type: Regular
- Working under the Regional RC COS, the Senior RC Business Manager supports the Regional RC governance and operations while tracking and monitoring that activities and initiatives against the RC Compliance plan for the Regional in alignment with the Global High-level Operating Model (HLOM), Service Model and Risk Taxonomy.
- This role will be focusing on RC Compliance Plan and operational matters. The role will review Group's RC HLOM and business service frameworks and ensure adherence to theses frameworks for the RC function within the Region. The Senior RC Business Manager assists in the preparation of the Regional RC Compliance plan and quarterly updates to Group. The incumbent will coordinate the monthly and quarterly review with each Regional RCO for their RC Functional, updating status in comparison to current year's Compliance plan; identifying achievements and challenges while raising where areas are off-track and exploring/documenting mitigating actions. This will require co-ordination of stakeholder involvement and attendance of related steering committees, ensuring alignment of RC initiatives with other functions within RC. This will also require the Senior RC Business Manager to review the Region's RC Organizational Design to ensure alignment with Global HLOM and Service Model are embedded in local Regional DIMs, Compliance Plan, Roles & Responsibilities within the RC Compliance Plan and Blueprint.
- Impact on the Business
- Implementing a consistent and effective approach to business management across the functional areas.
- Ensuring the identification and implementation of best practice across the organization to enable the highest operational standards.
- Providing key input to compliance plan processes, as an member of the extended COS team
- Reviewing and advising on operational efficiency across the RC team – identifying gaps or duplication within the RC Function or with the LOB functions
- Coordinating the RC requirements across the Functional and Regional teams to meet all global processes and deadlines for Compliance Plan and quarterly status updates.
- Defining and adopting best practice through collaborating with our key business partners
- Support the RC COS in the Regional RC Governance oversight
- Support the RC COS in areas of operations, MI, reporting, budgets, blueprint and staff initiatives
- Work with Regional GCMI to provide RC streamlined and efficient approach to communications, reports and frameworks for the RC function and other interested parties
- Assist in the preparation of the Regional RC ExCo pack, and submissions for the Regional RC ExCo
- Prepare analysis to support the RC COS in setting the Regional RC Compliance Plan. Monitor execution of the Regional RC Compliance Plan and support the RC COS in the coordination of regional and /or country projects, stakeholder involvement and attendance of related steering committees, ensuring alignment of RC initiatives with other functions within RC.
- Coordinate the completion of Regional quarterly updates on the compliance plan to Group.
- Assist the RC COS to monitor the RC Blueprint, and alignment to Group HLOM and Business Service Model and Risk Taxonomy
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach, to execute processes at pace and with minimum conflict
- Ensuring that the business operates using accepted industry – standard methodologies, practices, processes and principles
- Innovation and improvement of methodologies, through adoption of best practice and continued professional development and ensuring these meet required standards and regulations.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Act as a key deputy to the RC ROS for RC matters, providing guidance and advice
- Drive a high performance culture through delivering standards, collaboration and effective people interaction
- Drive operational excellence and ensure end to end management of all RC processes
- Agree responsibilities within formal and informal network, providing context, direction and confidence to deliver results
- Collaborate with other business partners and Global Functions areas to ensure commonality and consistency of solutions
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Implement quality framework for RC
- Ensure that all staff and activities are aligned with Group HLOM, business service model and risk taxonomy.
- Ensure implementation of audit recommendations and maintaining satisfactory level of audits for our business areas
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Maintaining a global perspective, but with particular consideration of regional distributions (staff, budgets, resources, operations) and the impact of these; and ensuring a proportionate balance in each region.
- Implementing and managing a Group HLOM while ensuring local regulations and requirements are met, in view of shared services and working closely with other team such as transformation to ensure projects and initiatives are complete in timely manner
- Compliance with HSBC Group standards, whilst accommodating specific organizational requirements
- The scope of responsibilities of this role includes all aspects of business management – Financial, Governance & MI, People, Communications, Business Administration and Strategy as required.
- This role will require the individual to assume a proactive, collaborative role across the Risk areas and the business partners to ensure the creation and ongoing management and collaboration of an operationally "excellent" organization.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization, and promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with the relevant Compliance Department. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Ability to distil complex and varied data into information
- Attention to detail and ability to ensure that information is captured in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good process analysis and problem solving skills
- Good financial management ability
- The ability to quickly understand customer requirements and concerns and deliver a quality result to them
- Delivery-focused with attention to detail and ensure tasks are completed on time and to the required levels of quality.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload effectively in line with business priorities.
- 'Can Do' attitude. Willing to turn a hand to whatever task is required.
- Skilled decision-maker – considered and timely especially when under pressure.
- Able to delegate effectively where necessary.
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, third party consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users.
- Willingness to own work and problems and see through to completion and to use own initiative to resolve issues, whilst dealing with a diverse range of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to succeed within a matrix management structure and build and maintain global team relationships.
- Able to delegate effectively where necessary.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to contribute to a larger team; and a flexible approach to working hours and responsibilities
- Self-motivation, and a proven rapid learning capability in a changing environment are essential.
- Drive and tenacity to ensure change is effectively implemented in a matrix environment.
- Committed to personal and professional development.
- Able to work independently, proactively and under pressure against multiple deadlines
- Navigating – understanding and translating Change Delivery strategy into own team and aligning directions accordingly
- Aspiring – being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery and embedding them in the team
- Driving – setting stretching goals for self and team and delivering them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilizing – authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining – making considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and business
Qualifications / Experience
- University graduate preferably with a degree in Accounting, Management or Finance.
- Experience of working in large service company model and global banks, ideally in a Compliance role
- Previous background of working in a matrix organizational structure
- Effective written and spoken communication skills in English
- Evidence of delivery in a similar role within a global organization
- Project Management
- Strong relationship management with a focus on financial and budget requirements. Able to work with individuals at different levels
- Ability to identify key issues and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Good analytical, lateral thinking skills, with ability to identify links between programmes of work