Program and Project Services Manager Financial Crime Risk Transformation
Employment Type: Regular
FCRT PMO Programme and Project Services Manager leads the Project Management Office (PMO) of a Programme, this role provides assistance to the Programme Manager to successfully deliver the programme from definition to closure. They will act as a source of guidance, governance and metrics on global programmes/projects supporting the Programme Manager for strategic decisions. They will lead a team of Project Services Officers and Programme and Project Services Analysts working on the same programme or projects related to the programme. They are responsible for adherence to Business Transformation Framework (BTF), using standard project management tools such as Clarity and working closely with their colleagues in Transformation team
Programme/workstream Governance and Reporting– the role ensures that there is adequate and appropriate governance in place for the programme/workstream and ensure/provide support to administer programme/workstream meetings. Ensures accurate reporting for and on-time delivery of reporting for their programme/workstream. Challenge programme/workstream leads to ensure clarity, identification of key issues and items for escalation.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Customers / Stakeholders
- Builds the project team confidence though demonstration of knowledge and experience; takes an active role in contributing ideas to development of the project in line with the requirements and the framework, oversees development of a programme plans and recommends measures to optimise the plan making it more effort, time and cost effective for the portfolio
- Supports the Programme/Project Manager and Business Representatives in defining required scope, quality, cost and effort
- Identifies and manages change requests, is able to estimate its impact to scope, time, budget and effort, provides the sustainable value to the organisation by improving the efficiency of how projects are managed
- Asks questions when they do not understand, takes ownership of problems and escalates when needed (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, escalates with possible solutions)
- Proactively monitors the project execusion to effectively identify risks/ issues, analyses risks/ issues to understand impact on scope, cost and time to define the mitigration and contingency plan
- Tracks and reports financial performance metrics and builds budget control to manage expenses
- Develops communication and reporting strategy, coordinates between stakeholders for progress reviews, key decisions, documentation and approvals
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, drives a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to programme/project success
- Ensure of quality audit and quality of reports; share ideas on implementing new quality standards and quality tools
- Supervises and leads the programme/project to ensure that the goal is achieved
- Keeps focus on the medium and long term goals and the Group's values particularly when under short term pressure
Leadership & Teamwork
- Acts as a good team member and shows a positive collaborative attitude, promoting HSBC's values and behaviours (e.g. taking time to help others, respects others ideas, wants to move forward)
- Uses different styles of communication relevant to the audience -communicates messages in a clear, consistent and honest manner
- Gains a clear understanding of others' point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are discussed
- Shows flexibility and willingness to be assigned with different tasks with no supervision
- Takes a positive attitude to problems and challenges -using appropriate techniques to deal with them, creating positive work environment, demonstrating self motivation
- Facilitates/supports good project induction and orientation –i.e. assist new team members to understand the project context and content, the importance of stakeholder management and wider project goals; proactively builds professional relationships within Programme/ Project
- Maintains personal and professional development, increasing professional knowledge and skills experience;
- Demonstrates self -awareness of own strengths and weaknesses, seeking feedback and taking responsibility for their own development;
- Add capability related to leadership and development of others
- Manages/Mentors any new member in the team to ensure they deliver quality work and meet the expectations of the programme
- Provides line management responsibilities for the team Programme and Project Services Officers or Programme and Project Services Analysts
- Understands and acts as an ambassador in implementation of GPMO Service Catalogue
- Constistently applies rules and guidelines and exercises good judgment by making sound and well-informed decisions, applies best practices
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Plays active role in development and monitoring of a well-defined project/programme plan, identifying the key milestones and engaging with stakeholders to assign roles/tasks responsibilities; Works closely with stakeholders to develop programme/ project key documents (such as plan, roadmap, etc)
- Actively engages in programme/project resource management
- Work with the Programme/Project manager to ensure programme/project team follows all quality assurance processes, Global Transformation Framework and uses Group standard tools
- Tracks, reviews and controls programme/project progress and performance at clearly defined points in the process ensuring the programme/project is delivered on time, within budget; anticipating potential risks and issues, putting mitigating actions into place to prevent delivery stalling and escalating as appropriate
- Understands programme/project dependencies; uses available tools to improve work efficiency and quality
- Uses analytical tools and techniques to prepare and analyse management reports which adhere to the three key parameters (ACT) –Accuracy, Completeness & Timeliness; identifies factors that are putting the programme/project off track, monitors and shares progress with stakeholders
- Controls closure activities, including post project review and handover, ensuring they are BTF compliant;
- Produces deliverables of a high quality (well structured, insightful, no errors) , demonstrating proactive approach, providing sufficient review time and appropriate response to feedback
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Working with multiple delivery and business partner teams
- Monitoring and controlling projects to meet timescales and to ensure highest quality necessary in a competitive market place
- Achieving benefits (cost reduction, revenue increase, strategic goals) set out in the business case, with key focus on timely definition of benefits' realization KPIs
- Managing stakeholders
- Identifying/focusing on internal and external dependencies
- Leading and developing self and others
- The vision of FCRT is to be the function's trusted change partner in implementing programs of strategic importance.
- Support Project and Programme Managers to manage change through project delivery. The projects will typically have a clearly defined output, fixed start and end date with a well-defined development/delivery path. Projects may be stand alone or part of a Programme.
- The jobholder will be expected to exercise independent initiative in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He / She will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
- The role holder will operate within the usual authority limits for a PMO Manager.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new processes.
- The jobholder should then address any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adopt the Group Policy by escalating any identified financial crime risk in liaison with Head of FCRT, FCR COO and Head of FCC.
- Adhere to the Groups standard tools and methodologies :
- Transformation Project/Programme Management Framework
- Group Standard Business Case
- Transformation Tools like Clarity & Open Workbench
- Strong knowledge of Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF), methodologies and best practice techniques
- Strong knowledge of the project/programme/change lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation Team
- Strong knowledge of banking/HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- PMO/PM skills and experience, including examples of the delivery of on time and on budget –a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
- Extended experience of working in a banking environment
- Multi-year experience of working in a change environment as PMO/PM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and solid experience in face to face presentation
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Group standard tools (Clarity, Sharepoint, GPDM, etc)
- Planning and Plan Management
- Risk and Issues Management
- Financial and Budget Management
- Tracking, Reporting and Governance
- Change and Implementation Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Resource and Team Management
- Leading self and Others
- Impactful Communication
- Influencing and Decision Making
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Delivery at Pace
- Achieving excellence
- Embracing Change
- Global Mindset
- Customer Empathy
- Qualifications and Accreditations
- PMP training or certification - Optional
- P3O or equivalent certification –Optional
- MSP -Optional