Job Grade: GCB7
Employment Type: Regular
Global Vision. Local Focus
- Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations by taking on as much as you can handle, quickly. And you'll enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth- driven culture.
- Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focussed on growing customers locally with our unique products, we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world.
- Our success is built on trust and dependability – qualities that define our behaviour and shape our character. The employees who thrive at HSBC are service focussed, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement.
A Day in the Life of a Premium Banker
- The Premium Banker is responsible for developing and retaining relationships with existing customers. This will be achieved through the active management of portfolios and ensuring solutions continually meet customer's needs as well as exceeding customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency and professionalism. The Premium Banker is also responsible for attracting new customers by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. This involves solicitation of client referrals and promotion of products and service offerings across multiple distribution channels. An integral part of this role is the identification of opportunities for wealth and credit reviews to optimize portfolio performance. The key to success is maintaining operational integrity in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards in compliance.
Learn more about HSBC
- Our size and global reach means we offer many ways to develop your career at HSBC, locally and internationally.
- HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group - one of the world's largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
Be a part of the Team
- At HSBC, how we do business is as important as what we do. For us, sustainability means building our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make. Our approach to sustainability focuses on three areas: sustainable finance, sustainable operations and sustainable communities. In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
- We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
- The key success to this role is someone who has the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver in accordance to HSBC's values.
- The minimum requirements for this role is the following:
- University / College degree or combination of education and equivalent and related work experience.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer facing role in the banking industry.
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course.
- Working towards Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP); For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance.
- Aware of market conditions affecting their customer portfolios.
- Career minded with well-developed business development and relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets in a sales role.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Strong technical skills in wealth management.
- Strong sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills.
- Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
- Understands / speaks Cantonese / Mandarin is an asset.
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.