Premier Relationship Manager
Employment Type: Regular
- The role is a client facing role managing our highest value clients where professionalism, client focus and a broad understanding of the fundamentals of financial planning are critical to the success of the business. The role holder has a responsibility to acquire, develop and retain relationships with Premier clients, working with the broader branch and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures and plan (as defined by RBWM).
- This will be achieved by active management of a portfolio of Premier clients, acquiring new HSBC clients and upgrading existing clients through becoming the trusted advisor to them. It will also entail reviewing the portfolio regularly to ensure the solutions are still suitable to meet clients' needs and embed client loyalty by meeting their needs either directly or through other internal business partners.
- In order to deliver the business objectives you will need to refer non-qualified business to appropriate parties following proposition protocol and attract business with new clients by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering wealth solutions as an adviser are amongst the key activities to achieve your goals.
- In delivering the business objectives you must also maintain the levels of operational integrity required by HSBC Group, closely managing your individual and the collective performance of your wider team. Creating and maintaining an environment and relationships where you and the wider Branch team maximise performance in achieving the RBWM business objectives.
- The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering wealth solutions as an adviser are amongst the key activities to achieve your goals as complied with local regulatory requirement.
- You are accountable for the performance of your portfolio and need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by HSBC Group.
Impact on the Business
- Maximize profit and achievement of the growth of Premier clients portfolio
- Achieve agreed KPI objectives by development of existing and new relationships
- Build effective relationships with clients to retain and develop sustainable relationships
- Complete regular reviews with clients to understand their current and long term needs and advice them on the products and services that help them achieve their goals
- Effective use of tools and information to drive client service delivery and
- RBWM performance
- Maintain a minimum standard of qualifying Premier clients within portfolio as stated by Group
- Build a high personal and corporate profile in the community in which you are based. Develop network of Group and External professional contacts with the aim of introducing new business, enhancing technical knowledge and promoting the brand
- Monitor and act on daily sales activity management information and other internal information tools, using them to coach the wider Branch team in support of business goals
- Establish and agree client contact strategies in line with Group operating models
- Fully utilise and input to Client Relationship Management data, ensuring all client information is complete and kept up to date
Customers / Stakeholders
- Own the client relationship with HSBC
- Maintain a deep understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services available from Group sources and elsewhere in order to provide the best solutions for clients and maximise revenues for Global Wealth and the Group
- Maintain highest standard of excellence in client service across the team and with individual portfolio - Ongoing analysis of client portfolios through marketing of ideas and researching clients
- Monitor client satisfaction data implementing portfolio level improvements
- Work with the broader branch, support and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures by delivering differentiated products and services to the client
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- To work as part of an integrated branch management team to ensure, standards and are met and operating models delivered
- Proactively support others through direct and indirect actions beyond activities particular to this role
- Collaborate with the wider team to deliver the Branch RBWM Performance measures and plan to support the multi channel client journey
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in the wider RBWM businesses and others as appropriate to service client needs
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensuring that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with HSBC Bank plc FIM, BIM and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines
- Agree and manage lending facilities within any agreed Approval Authority (RAA)
- Manage operational risk, by using relevant MI to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimise loss
- Adhere to selling process and sales quality requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The bank seeks to grow its RBWM business by understanding and fulfilling clients' needs, through an efficient operation and the pursuit of providing clients with globally consistent experiences, excellent service. In the face of fierce competition in this segment the bank is seeking to grow the significance of this group in their contribution to our business.
- The Premier segment typically comprises clients with Total Relationship Balances of $100k or more.
- We should also recognise our responsibility to the community in which we operate and improve the bank's profile within those communities building economic value for the bank and its shareholders.
- The range of competitors and products has established an increased financial awareness in clients, creating demand for increased experience and skill at PRM level.
- A Premier Relationship Manager requires the following key attributes:
- Excellent sales and people management skills
- Client driven with a strong focus on quality of service
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- A strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- An excellent understanding of financial planning, wealth management and understanding client need
- The jobholder forms an integral part of the wider HSBC management team. As part of this wider team the jobholder is expected to identify opportunities in their day to day activities that directly or indirectly contribute to the success of colleagues with differing responsibilities, particularly in other areas of HSBC such as Commercial and Private Bank.
The jobholder will own and manage a portfolio of 350 to 550 clients working with the wider RBWM team.
The jobholder has prime responsibility for:
- Maximising growth in their portfolio and achieving the RBWM plan/metrics
- Leading Premier activities to ensure opportunities are identified and client needs are met effectively, maximising all available resources.
- Compliance with the relevant Group standards including GHQ and the Regulatory organisation as applied to the implementation of the RBWM strategy in their country
- Total TCR of the portfolio
- Jobholder will hold Lending Approval authorities appropriate to their role.
- The job holder operates within the approved operating and strategic plan process to develop the RBWM business.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our clients is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls and credit policies. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive financial services and/or retail sales experience or equivalent
- Evidence of strong sales results in insurance and investment products
- Relationship management experience with high net worth clients
- Strong technical skills in wealth management
- Strong communication, client focus and influencing skills
- Strong sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills
- Sound knowledge of financial services products and services and the client relationship management system
- Understanding of business banking client segment and products and services
- Clear view on how to work with Compliance, Credit & Risk and Internal Control to ensure a balanced risk operating environment
- Willingness to be mobile in local community
- Able to communicate well in English,
- Ability to speak / understand Mandarin and Cantonese is a must.
- Completion of Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Good Knowledge of personal investment and credit financing
- Completion of HSBC Business School and accreditation
- Completion of Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP) within two years of employment; For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance within two years of employment
- Have an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Be ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Show ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Be authentic and show ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Make considered decisions that protect HSBC & Global Wealth values, reputation and businesses
- Global Wealth Management - Relationship Manager Technical Capabilities
- Client focus
- Sales orientation
- Portfolio management
- Communicating & influencing
- Marketplace knowledge
- Business understanding
- Premier products and services
- HSBC services and propositions
- Risk and compliance
- Business processes
- Tools and systems