Employment Type: Regular
- To provide superior sales and customer service to meet customer needs through team portfolio management across multiple distribution channels.
- To support Premier Relationship Managers in product sales and relationship management processes.
Impact on the Business
- Performs a variety of sales and service activities to all customers with the primary focus on Premier customers. Interactions are either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Based on customer needs, identify sales opportunity, sell or promote referrals of deposits, investment and loan products
- Completes administrative support, processing, operational, servicing and/or accounting-related duties in support of Premier Relationship Managers.
- Monitor, manage and resolve any exceptions by reviewing daily/ weekly reports. Follow-up with customers by phone/email.
- Demonstrates a customer service attitude and may participate in sales campaigns and assisting with mining sales files, identifying sales opportunities and making referrals where appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to area of specialty.
- Handles complaints and concerns where possible. Refers unusual problems to higher levels.
- Ensures compliance, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Anticipate and understand customer needs in order to provide advanced sales, complete transactions and resolve issues with speed, efficiency and certainty.
- Provides exceptional service to both existing and potential customers, focus on Premier customers.
- Act as 1st level escalation for handling Premier customer inquiries and make decisions within assigned authority.
- Liaise with 3rd parties such as solicitors, appraisal specialists, title insurance companies, PFS Lending Solutions, CSC, LAC, etc.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide efficient administrative sales support to the Premier Relationship Manager (PRM) by completing all processing, transactional, operational, servicing and/or accounting-related duties.
- Work as part of an integrated branch and multi channel Premier management team, proactively supporting others.
- Participates in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge, cross selling skills and relationship management skills.
- Actively refers customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Work is moderately complex and specialized in nature and involves mostly straightforward challenges.
- Work is performed under general direction according to set parameters and set sales / performance targets.
- Requires initiative and independent judgment in completing work but supervisor provides direction for unfamiliar situations.
- Work is reviewed for attainment of standards, achievement of targets, adherence to policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Decisions impact the productivity / performance of the functional area, customers and other employees.
- May work in call centre or branch environment where systems are available in meeting services quality objectives.
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
- May be required to travel within region to backfill sales responsibilities.
- Authority Levels
- Supervisor Level 1
- Cash In: 50,000
- Cash Out: 20,000
- Transfer Limit: 2,000,000
- Clearing Limit: 2,000,000
- Officer Approval for Overlimit Account: 100,000
- Note: Cheq/withdrawls and Deposits limits subject to Letter of Authority and will not exceed those listed here.
Management of Risk
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Secondary school graduation.
- At least 2 years of experience in banking or related industry in a customer service / client facing role.
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires Completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; or Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Completion of HSBC Way of Selling.
- Completion of basic HSBC Premier training.
- World Selection (training provided by Asset Management Canada, AMCA).
- Career minded team player.
- Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Willingness to be mobile in local community.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to use Word and Excel.
- High attention to detail with advanced time management and organizational skills.
- University / College degree preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Knowledge of HSBC's products and services.
- Knowledge of HSBC's policies, practices, and procedures within own area.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Competent in conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independent.
- Understands/ speaks second language is an asset.