Employment Type: Regular
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Provide high quality sales support to a team of Premier Relationship Managers (PRMs) mainly focused on getting appointment for PRMs and supporting PRMs in servicing their clients
- Reduce the time spent on process and administrative tasks by PRM to increase PRM's capacity
- Support PRMs to manage client contact and service, including, in the absence of PRMs, answering client calls, resolving client enquiries on transactional needs and facilitating a smooth hand-off to the correct channels where appropriate, and managing key event reminders to maintain active client contact
- Provide sales support to PRMs including preparing and completing sales documents, managing data input and report generation, and liaising with support functions to follow through client purchase process requirement
Customers / Stakeholders
- Handle client's enquiries relating to the PRM's portfolio in a positive, timely, and appropriate manner. Aim to resolve the customer's queries at the first point of contact and minimise referrals to the PRM for routine transactions.
- Has strong knowledge of the PRM's portfolio of clients with the support of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and analytical tools.
- Proactively responds to client in face-to-face and/or telephone settings, updating client profile screens with details of client contact.
- Maintains a basic understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services.
- Support PRMs to execute suitable solutions for product areas responsible for with clients to fulfill their needs and ensure efficient follow up.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicate effectively and works well with other teams within the Branch, Call Center, HSBC Operations, Services and Technology (HOST), and other relevant partners that impact the client's experience of HSBC; in order to ensure a consistent approach and application of Premier standards.
- Efficiently manages time in order to support different PRMs concurrently.
- Proactively identifies opportunities/issues and provides feedback to branch management and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology to improve products and service processes.
- Delivering the firm - Put the client at the heart of our business and deliver joined up services and solutions aligned to customer needs.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with HSBC Bank policy standards and regulatory requirements
- Comply with local regulations in all aspects of strategy, sales processes, client correspondence, financial promotions, administration, and complaint handling
- Adhere to all relevant processes and procedures of the Group Compliance Policy and internal controls
- Achieve the operational standards for the business and work within agreed procedures and guidelines - displaying high levels of integrity at all times
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Provide high quality support to PRMs
- Build extensive knowledge of HSBC systems and procedures in order to handle client needs
- Proactively help HSBC identify opportunity to improve process efficiencies
- Sensitively redirect clients to the most effective and efficient channel
- Support the client in navigating the channel of their choice (to interact with HSBC) effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the client consistently receives a professional premium service which exceeds their expectations at all times
- Maintain high standards of control and operational practices in line with HSBC's expectations
Premier is a key proposition in the bank's strategy. Over recent years, our business and organisation has made considerable progress both in our performance versus peer group and in our strategic transformation. Over the medium term we have been improving both our profitability and our ability to meet the needs of our target clients.
We have four overriding principles that will apply to the delivery of all propositions, products and services through all channels to all customers at all times:
- We will treat all customers fairly
- We will apply the HSBC Group values and business principles in all of our dealings with customers
- We will meet, or exceed, all local and international laws, regulations, and codes of practice
- We will deliver services to customers in a manner that provides speed, ease, certainty and empathy
Management of Risk
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
The jobholder will ensure that fair treatment of our clients is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours consistent with the HSBC Values.
The jobholder will also continually reassess and manage the operational risks associated with the role and inherent to the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, the impact of new technology, and compliance with the relevant Financial Instruction Manual (FIM), Business Instruction Manual (BIM) and Credit Policy Manual lending guidelines.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department. Issues which are not addressed should be escalated to senior management.
All compliance, credit and operational issues outside authority should be referred to the relevant manager.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators. HSBC expects to be a global leader in this area and therefore every employee will seek to set market-leading standards.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills with strong decision making and ability to deliver
- Secondary school graduation required, University / College degree perferred
- Completition of required HSBC Business School courses
- Minimum of two years working in financial services industry
- Previous experience in Retail/Premier sales preferred
- Understanding of core products, Premier proposition, and familiar with retail and wealth product processes
- Undesrtanding of relationship management systems (CRM and RM Platform etc.)
- Solid knowledge of appropriate branch operational procedures
- Money Laundering Awareness Certificate held
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory governance in market
- Good knowledge of HSBC and personal banking
- Knowledge of the Bank's lending systems such as CARM, CLM & Security Processing, when applicable to the markets
- Team player with collaborative skills
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Able to deliver the client experience and needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills
- Willing to be mobile in local community
- Ability to use Word and Excel
- Ability to speak Cantonese is required
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market Mutual Fund Licensing.
- Requires Completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; or
- Canadian Investment Funds Course; or
- Canadian Securities
- Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Leadership capabilities
- Have an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth Strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Authentic and shows ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Makes considered decisions that protect HSBC and our clients