Employment Type: Regular
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations by taking on as much as you can handle, quickly. And you'll enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth- driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focussed on growing customers locally with our unique products, we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world.
Our success is built on trust and dependability – qualities that define our behaviour and shape our character. The employees who thrive at HSBC are service focussed, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement.
A Day in the Life of a Personal Banker
- More than a Customer Service Representative or Teller, At HSBC the Personal Banker provides superior customer service, sales, operational administration, and risk controls to meet customer needs across multiple distribution channels.
- Perform a variety of sales and service activities to retail, mass affluent, high net worth and business banking customers, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Put emphasis on counter services, risk operation and control.
- Recognize opportunities by making referrals for client conversion, acquisition of new account relationships and or cross and up-sell of HSBC products and services that cross multiple distribution channels.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities.
- Ensure compliance, security and fraud, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
- Provide operational support as required.
- Identify and understand basic customer needs in order to exceed customer expectations to complete transactions with speed, efficiency and certainty.
- Act as first level escalation for handling customer inquiries.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Contribute to team-based approach in managing customer needs.
- Actively participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales and direct marketing initiatives.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge and cross selling skills.
- Adhere to operational policies and procedures and effectively identifies and manages applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Key to success in this role
The key success to this role is someone who thrives working in highly complex environment and has the industry expertise, business acumen, and strong people leadership experience to deliver.
The minimum requirements for this role is as follows:
- Secondary school graduation.
- Demonstrated experience in banking or related industry in a customer service / client facing role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Team player, development minded with ability to sell.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to be mobile in local community.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Basic knowledge of Banking products and services.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Understand / speak second language is an asset.
- Mandarin and Cantonese required.
Learn more about HSBC
Our size and global reach means we offer many ways to develop your career at HSBC, locally and internationally.
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group - one of the world's largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We continue to make significant investments across all our business lines to grow our business in Canada providing the tools our customers need to do business internationally, and helping internationally-minded individuals manage their finances.
Be a part of the Team
At HSBC, how we do business is as important as what we do. For us, sustainability means building our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make. Our approach to sustainability focuses on three areas: sustainable finance, sustainable operations and sustainable communities. In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.