Onboarding Case Analyst, Commercial Banking (2 Roles)
Employment Type: Regular
Manage the client onboarding experience, expectations and communications following the completion of the sale by the Relationship Manager (RM). Coordinate the onboarding process, including the collection of client information required to complete the Client Due Diligence (CDD) profile, to the point where the client has an active cash account and channel access.
Engage existing clients in the collection of detailed client information and supporting documentation required for the completion of the CDD profile at all times in the customer lifecycle, including CDD trigger events and reviews as part of global standards.
The role will ensure client expectations are set against defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and these SLA's are visible & managed across all functions.
Impact on the Business
- Coordinate the client onboarding cases from initiation to the point
- the client cash account is open and HSBC Net channels access has been provided
- Manage new to bank client onboarding and existing client CDD process's to defined SLAs, ensuring any risks to the timescales are escalated to the Team Leader and Relationship Manager
- Liaise with the client to gather detailed client information and supporting documentation required to complete the CDD profile
- including Financial Crime Risk Review (FCRR) and Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Review and check for completeness of CDD information and supporting documentation before submitting the case to CDD Operations for review and approval
- Act as a point of escalation for Service Delivery and escalate a case to the Relationship Manager if the client is not cooperating
Customers / Stakeholders
- Take ownership for the development of an onboarding plan and the creation of the client application pack
- Manage the client experience throughout the onboarding of new to bank clients and the CDD refresh for existing clients; maintaining the highest standard of excellence in customer service and answer client queries as and when they arise
- Request and follow-up with the client for outstanding information and documentation; including KYC/CDD and signed account opening documents
- Handle requests for additional information from CDD Operations and liaise further with the client as required
- Ensure Customer Turn Around Times (TAT) are agreed, and the associated SLA's are visible and managed with all involved parties
- Ensure the client is able to successfully activate the cash account and is in receipt of the 'tools' required for channel access
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be an active member of the team and a strong team-player
- Demonstrate expected core behaviors and values including teamwork, focus, drive and determination
- Be flexible and dynamic with support to the wider team
- Strong communication both upwards and at peer level
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that any data input is dealt with in a timely manner and in the correct and consistent format
- Maintain a strong control environment
- Maintain an environment in which compliance and risk control are a key performance criteria
- Control of workflow processes, adhering to all associated procedures
- Actively participate in the development and refinement of the internal control/process environment to optimize the customer service proposition whilst maintaining the above
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The job holder is responsible for delivering a best in class customer onboarding experience, managing the expectations of the customer and all key stakeholders, prioritizing actions and ensuring all service level agreements are met
- Size of team to be completed at the local level once the Local CD Implementation Leads have performed capacity planning
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors required by the business and ensure the impact on operational risk is assessed in all that they do.
- The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the probability of operational risk occurring, and by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy; containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and liaising with the Compliance department to review new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. They will also need to ensure adequate resources are in place and training is provided where required, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Commercial banking knowledge
- Commercial awareness
- A record of successful accomplishment in providing consistently outstanding customer service.
- Language requirements (based on local needs)
- Proven track record in a client focused environment
- Proven record of delivery within challenging timescales
- Stakeholder management (External & Internal)
- Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Project management skills
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management abilities
- Ability to be flexible, manage priorities whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Receptive to change
- Positive 'can do' attitude and an ability to take ownership of tasks through to completion
- Drive and resilience
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently when required
- Ability to have difficult conversations
- Conflict management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability and willingness to pick-up commercial banking
- Diligence in formal written communication