Employment Type: Regular
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations by taking on as much as you can handle, quickly. And you'll enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth- driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focussed on growing customers locally with our unique products, we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world.
Our success is built on trust and dependability – qualities that define our behaviour and shape our character. The employees who thrive at HSBC are service focussed, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement.
A Day in the Life of an Investment Counsellor
With the backing of HSBC's wealth management capabilities and renowned presence globally. We are seeking experienced go- getters with proven client relationship management and sales experience to drive our growth in the Canadian market.
HSBC Investment Counsellors deliver exceptional client experience and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. They are responsible for delivering discretionary investment solutions to high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients with exceptional service that fosters and deepens client relationships. IC assess client needs, develop a comprehensive investment strategy, coordinate sales and execute against that strategy, and monitoring performance and appropriateness of the client's overall investment portfolio.
Prospective clients are acquired by collaborating with colleagues and peers across the bank. Attracting, retaining and realizing our full potential as a business is key. HSBC proudly offers clients full advisory service which requires working closely with Relationship Managers and Wealth Planners.
Key to success in this role
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who thrives working in complex environment and has the industry expertise, business acumen, and strong people leadership experience to deliver.
The minimum requirements for this role are as follows:
- CFA Charter holder.
- Relevant portfolio management / market analysis experience necessary for the registration of the candidate with the regulators as an advising representative. Or combination of certifications and experience leading to the registration as an advising representative with the regulators.
- CFP and other wealth management designations are considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years of experience in client relationship management and investment counseling for high net worth clients.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Propensity to work well in collaborative team environment.
Learn more about HSBC
- Our size and global reach means we offer many ways to develop your career at HSBC, locally and internationally.
- HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group - one of the world's largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
Be a part of the Team
- At HSBC, how we do business is as important as what we do. For us, sustainability means building our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make. Our approach to sustainability focuses on three areas: sustainable finance, sustainable operations and sustainable communities. In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
- We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.