Digital Optimization Specialist
Employment Type: Regular
This position provides business direction, management and support for the customer-facing electronic channels (which includes Internet Banking, Mobile, InvestDirect and ATM) to ensure timely and accurate responses to business and/or functional unit needs.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Leads small to medium projects and channel support activities not handled by Senior Channel or Implementation Managers, ensuring projects meet strategic or tactical objectives, all compliance and regulatory standards and are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Provides input and direction in the development of business cases, detailed business requirements and other documentation related to channel enhancements/new functions
- Supports enhancement opportunities for the Direct Channels to respond to changing market, customer service and technological conditions
- Researches and prioritizes alternatives, prepares business cases for management approval and assists in implementation of those approved
- Works closely with data analytics team to produce the required e-channel activity reporting in order to properly monitor expected/planned activity within e-channels
- Monitors channel adherence to agreed service level agreements and escalates where required
- Provides input to or manages Risk Control Assessment process for overall e-Business team
Customers / Stakeholders
- Partners with stakeholders across various functions to understand, anticipate and drive channel needs and initiatives
- Considers the customer experience in all e-channel implementations and any impacted support processes
- Coordinates usability assessments and user acceptance testing
- Coordinates or manages third-party vendor relationships as required
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Works with senior management and assigned business units to identify strategic vision for Direct Channels including individual channel enhancement and / or transformation, multi-channel integration and increased enrolment / usage
- Provides subject matter expert support to customer facing and support staff to drive customer fulfillment or respond to customer concerns
- Provides support for the sales team for customer presentations and in the preparation of proposals
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensures compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ability to assess market and industry trends and relate them back to Direct Channels
- Ability to manage multiple key projects at varying stages of delivery
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders at varying levels in the organization
- In Direct Channels, the role frequently works senior management and project teams to identify, drive and deliver new e-channel initiatives. The channel industry is dynamic and fast-paced, which requires the Direct Channels team to respond accordingly
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of three to five years proven and progressive product or channel management experience or financial services equivalent
- Knowledge of Internet Banking Mobile Banking and / or ATM channel and trends is an asset
- Knowledge of graphical user interface design and / or usability principles is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, related field or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, project management, planning, organizational, lateral thinking, time management and communications skills
- Strong understanding of risk management as it pertains to areas of responsibility and ability to make prudent decisions
- Proficiency with personal computers and internet-related systems
- Detail-oriented and ability to work successfully in a team environment with a strong customer focus, work with various levels within the organization, meet established deadlines and deal with multiple, changing priorities
- Strong business and marketing focus